Scissor lift is a type of aerial platform lift that allows you to operate at a greater height. This platform is used for interior services such as ceiling installation, sign hanging, and other routine maintenance. A scissor lift has a vertical reach ranging from 20 to 50 feet in most cases. This platform can be used to reach the top of storage racks in the material handling industry. Scissor lifts come in a variety of sizes. Small lifts, usually four feet wide, are often used to aid navigation inside and across warehouse isles.
IESL provides high-quality scissor lifts for a variety of manufacturing and industrial projects in Bangladesh. As an authorized distributor of JLG in Bangladesh, we are committed to deliver a secure and effective working environment with JLG scissor lifts.
Let’s dig deeper to explore the types of scissor lifts.
Types of Scissor Lifts
Scissor lifts are divided into 5 categories, each of which is briefly listed below.
- Diesel Scissor Lifts: Conventional diesel engines are used to power diesel scissor lifts. The diesel scissor lifts usually have larger platforms and are best used in outdoor building sites, well-ventilated enclosed spaces, and in areas where engine noise would not hinder employee communication. Diesel scissor lifts with a JLG® engine are ideal for applications that need more workspace and lifting capacity.
- Hydraulic Scissor Lifts: Hydraulic scissor lifts can be used both inside and outside and are powered by either an electric motor or compressed air. Warehouses, building sites, and infrastructure projects are recommended places to use hydraulic scissor lifts.
- Electric Scissor Lifts: Electric scissor lifts are more environmentally friendly because they are powered by batteries rather than a combustion engine. Due to the lack of exhaust emissions and noises while running, they are suitable for indoor use. With twice the duty cycles of other electric scissor lifts, the ES Series has the highest on-the-job efficiency in the industry. JLG's R series is designed to be more reliable and easier to handle. The LE Series includes a standard oscillating axle, 35% gradeability, and an all-wheel drive.
- Rough Terrain Scissor Lifts: To provide the required power for operating through rough terrain and lifting heavier payloads, they are usually powered by combustion diesel, petrol, or LPG engines. Rough terrain scissor lifts have increased traction and travel speed, making it easier to maneuver around vast construction sites safely.
- Pneumatic Scissor Lifts: Pneumatic scissor lifts are operated by air rather than electricity or hydraulics, resulting in clean and low-maintenance lifts. They are suitable for operations that are environmentally friendly and reduce their carbon footprint because they use air pressure to boost and lower the lift.
Advantages of Scissor Lifts
Scissor lifts have many advantages in building and warehouse racking facilities. Some of the related advantages are listed below:
- Scissor lifts can reach heights of up to 16 meters, allowing staff to enter areas that would otherwise be inaccessible.
- Workers can gain access to places that are difficult to enter to perform maintenance, repairs, or cleaning.
- Scissor lift controls are straightforward and easy, and operators can be trained in a short amount of time.
- Scissor lifts are the smallest type of elevating work platform on the market.
- They can be used in tight and narrow spaces where access is limited due to their small size.
At Industrial EquipSol Limited (IESL), expert engineering team can help you to find the best scissor lift as per your requirements. You can always reach us though our contact page. Otherwise our live chat & hotline (+8801713428018)agents are also available to assist you during office hours.